Historic Reeves Theater

Historic Reeves Theater

​The Reeves Theater was originally opened as a 700-seat art-deco movie theater in 1941. It was fully operational until 1973, and later reopened as the Elk Twin until 1994.  By then, the Reeves interior and façade were in desperate need of repair.  In 2013, Debbie Carson and Chris Groner purchased the Reeves, and hired West Depot Architecture to oversee the upcoming renovations to this awesome historic structure. The renovations included the addition of a green room, a fiddle silhouette-shaped stage, a new balcony, commercial kitchen, bar and cafe. Thanks to a generous grant from the North Carolina Main Street Solutions Fund, support from the Town of Elkin, and numerous contributions from local businesses and individuals, the Reeves opened its doors again in 2017!